Once, however, the new truths about prospecting are acquired, new results are enjoyed. Almost all new businesses have been built by cold calling, whether door to door or by telephone. Networking or word-of-mouth is fantastic, but it takes time to develop fresh leads. Playing the numbers game is a sure bet. This is even the case when you are doing well in your business and have regular clients. How else will you expand and increase profits?
General tips on cold calling:
- State what you do in 1 sentence or less.
- Do not ramble on about you, but rather be inquisitive.
- Leave progressive voice messages (one message leads to the next).
- Ask for the appointment and expand on what you do in person.
- Follow up within 24 hours of meeting someone worthwhile.
Nicole Attias & Associates, Office: Canada 416-221-0817, Fax: 416-733-2491
You may be interested in Stakeholder Centred Coaching.